research and branding
Although a brand is much more than a logo and a tagline, those are two important components of any brand. Although it may seem this way, a logo isn’t simply a picture and a tagline isn’t simply a sequence of words - they are the product of in-depth research. However, general marketing consultancies don’t realize that, but because of our expertise and focus on economic development marketing, we do.
Research is crucial for knowing and understanding the unique characteristics of different target industries, which can vary radically from industry to industry and based on your recruitment goals. For example:
- Is your target audience regional, national, or international?
- What size company is the best fit for your attraction and recruitment efforts?
- Where are there gaps in your supply chain, and what companies would be good candidates to fill them.
- Based on their respective characteristics, what is the best way to screen prospective companies?
- What are the best methods for reaching your prospects—specific trade shows, publications, direct contact, others?
Our research will provide a rich understanding of your potential markets, and combined with Ady Voltedge marketing expertise, enable you to develop a system for identifying and prioritizing prospects within those markets, as well as determining the best ways to reach them. Our research services include:
- Target Industry Analysis
- Labor Force Analysis
- Community Evaluation
Regional branding is radically different than branding a consumer product or service.
First of all, the messages you need to convey are “data intense” and need to be presented consistently, efficiently, and supported by respected data sources. Second, there are often muiltiple decision makers involved, such as a CEO, CFO, attorney, commerical real estate broker, HR executive, Board members, and/or other stakeholders.
Third, the stakes are very high. A "typical" relocation or expansion project can require tens of millions of dollars of investment and a twenty- or thirty-year payback period.
Thus, the most important part of regional branding is market research: identifying the major assets of your region relative to the kinds of business or industry you are trying to attract, and then using such data to make sure your regional branding reflects those strengths: every ad, every news release, during every sales call—and even every internal communication.
You can depend on Ady Voltedge for:
- Naming your EDO and finding the best URL for it (Wondering what a URL has to do with branding? Check out our website development page.)
- Developing a logo that represents your community or region.
- Determining supporting brand elements, such as color palettes, fonts, and photo styles.
- Developing brand standards and guidelines.
- Creating business cards, stationary, and powerpoint templates.
View our case studies to see samples of our branding work.
Contact us today to find more info on our approach to economic development marketing.
Call Janet Ady at 608.663.9218 or email: email@example.com